Your donation furthers the vision of ensuring a happy and healthy life to the underprivileged people of the society. It makes the organization accomplish their mission of ensuring better healthcare, education opportunities, protection from physical and mental exploitation and what not.
Because of the hundreds and thousands of generous donors the organizations pull it far. Continued support is required to enable them continue their work with vigor and passion.
Always donate to make a change!
But the main concern that hampers the decision to contribute to the society is the procedure of donation. The procedure continues to be a major drawback for most of the NGO’s which typically resists the donors.
In this article, we will discuss the procedure of donating online to an Ngo and the do’s and don’ts to keep in check while donating.
Donating Online to an Ngo of Foreign Origin:
Accepting online donations can be difficult for many NGOs. Regulations vary widely from country to country and NGOs in some countries can’t accept online payments at all due to a limited online banking infrastructure. Mostly Ngo that function in foreign countries operate and receive donations through PayPal.
PayPal runs with a smooth Graphical User Interface, and continuous with a sign-up procedure that is not tedious and is less time consuming. There’s also Ammado.com which enables NGOS in many countries to accept online donations in 76 currencies.
Donating Online to an Ngo of Indian Origin:
The Donations in India can be made online in a simple and less complicated pattern. The flow of procedure is real quick and accessible by many Ngo’s to make donating online a bliss for the donors. There is also a eligibility strata for the donors in which they are asked to verify their age and nationality in concern to the tax redemption rules implied by Government of India. You will have to provide verification to proceed further.
• Indian Nationality Donors can make payment through online transfer by choosing the NGO of their choice, and logging onto their particular website. Most of the Website display a clear donation tab while others have a dedicated list to prioritize donations. Click on the links and you will be redirected to main Donation Page.
• After this, the donors will be required to sign- Up and will be asked to provide general information to full the KYC norms. The general information includes Name, Contact Number, Email, Address, Adhaar and PAN number etc in order to create a donor account. If you already have an account, you will have to sign-in with your User Name and Password.
• After signing-in, choose the cause you want to make your donation for. Although many websites provide and redirect through the cause in the very beginning, some other websites ask where and for what program of the Ngo do you want to donate after the sign-in procedure.
• When you select the cause, the next step will be selecting the amount. Click a amount from the drop down menu of the cause or fill by your choice. The donation you fill will be exempt to tax benefits, implied by the Ngo. Inquire further in case of queries.
• Now you will be directed to a payment gateway. Make sure the Payment Gateway the Ngo functions upon is safe and secure. Next you will be asked to input a option for how would you like to donate. Select a option (Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card etc.) and click on the NEXT button while selecting your Bank.
• The next page will ask to enter your Card Number, Account Holder Name and the expiry date of the card. After entering the details you will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. After filling up the OTP the page will redirect to process your transaction.
• Post transaction you will receive a confirmation message and a confirmation mail on the linked email of your user account. Many Ngo’s provide the hard copy of transaction/donation slip and Tax Rebate certificate within a week.
• In case of incomplete transactions refunds are attributed by the Ngo’s according to their refund policies to ensure fair and transparent processing of requests for refund of donations as digital payments are becoming more frequent. If you like your donation to be refunded, you will have to request a refund in writing to the organization with the User Name, Donation ID and other required details. The donations are mostly refunded in a span of 15 days. You can also call on the toll free number of the Ngo to request more help.
If you want to do your bit for the society, however busy life keeps you from stepping on-ground and rendering your contribution, the best way is to provide online donation to an organization that works for uplifting the society. If you know a reliable charitable organization and want to support it, follow the above directions and make the best decisions.
Remember there’s no feeling larger than the one you get by giving and sharing.